~~Endless Love and A Life Worth Living~~
~~Gift from God~~

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Leaving Home and Going to a New Home

Our beliefs, customs or tradition is that a newly married woman leaves her parents home and goes on to live at her in laws. Very rare the husband stays with his wife's family. After mine and Miel's reception, we went to his parents house for the cake cutting ceremony..When we reached his parents' home, we got stopped by his cousins..they won't let us in the house until Miel "pay" them..It's like you have to pay toll only then the crossbar will raise...It was really interesting to watch Miel being 'bullied' by them..hehehe..Finally, after putting up playful arguments, Miel's eldest aunty came to our rescue :)..the first step into my parents in law's house i felt really nervous but welcomed..so that was really good :)..after all the ceremonies, myself and Miel head to my parents house to stay there for few days..finally the day to leave my home, my family has come..it was really difficult for me..I was sobbing silently to myself and Miel knew that I'm feeling sad...The night before he said to me, "Esok nanti jgn menangis k"...I said, "I'll try but it's gonna be difficult" and he said, "Yeah, I know"...In the evening on that day, his cousin sister, sister and grandma came to jemput Miel and I to his parents' hse..Before leaving, my mum already prepared a game for both of us..it's called congkak..but it's unlike those traditional Malay congkak...everyone said it's unique :)..and the result of the match?..It was a DRAW..it's very rare you get draw in congkak game..my mum and grandma wanted to have a rematch..but I didn't want coz i'm happy with the result :)...when the moment to leave came, my mum hugged me..and both of us started to cry...I sobbed when i hugged each of my family member whom was there..everyone had teary eye..for some reason i felt really difficult to part from my brother and sister in law..When I hugged my sis in law, i hugged her tightly...and when i salam my bro, i held on to his hand and i didn't want to let go..only then i realized how attached i am to them especially my sis in law whom just came into our family a year ago...I was really sad to leave my family behind but Miel was there next to me...He consoled me and understood what I was going through...last week Miel and I stayed for 2 nights at my parents' house(some unwanted incident took place during this time, will talk more about it on the next post)and i didn't shed a tear when i leave..I guess i got over it...even then, deep inside, I still miss my parents, siblings and my home..No matter what, I know my family will always be there for me..they have done so much and I really appreciate it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment